List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    RE: Icelandic translation of KDE
From:       "Einarsson, Tony" <teinarss () hrserv2 ! ims ! att ! com>
Date:       1998-10-01 14:41:14

First, a quick off-(KDE)topic note...
[olet@ifi.uio.no] (including a name would be more user-friendly ;-) you are
right of course.  Icelandic and Norwegian are very close cousins, simply
because Iceland was settled by Norwegians in 874.  As far as the characters,
there are 10 extra ones (that are not in the English alphabet).

Now to translating KDE...
It appears that the Icelandic team has grown to 4 members (or will be soon).
If there is anybody else out there that would like to help, this would be a
good time to speak up.

In light of the adjective discussion (and msgs from Stephan), each adjective
in Icelandic can appear in 24 different ways (4 cases x 3 genders x 2
(sing.& plural) = 24, depending on what it is describing.  This is a similar
problem as faced by many of the KDE translators.  So check your work
carefully (I know I'll be crucified if the translation is anything less than
fantastic !).

Logi and Gaui (og Hrafnkell), if you don't mind I will set up a web page
with a list of all the KDE files to be translated, where we can assign who
is working on what etc.  Hvernig líst ykkur á það ?

Back to work...

Tony E.
(a.k.a. Thorarinn)