List:       kde-i18n
Subject:    Some wrong translations to Spanish
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1998-05-06 5:27:33

Hi,

I've found some wrong translations to spanish :

 * 'On'/'Off' in the kdelibs' es.po are translated as 'Prendido'/'Apagado'
   and should be 'Activado'/'Desactivado'

 * 'Shaded' in kcmkwm.po is translated as 'Sombreado' but should
   be 'Persiana' (so 'Un(Shade)' should be 'Cerrar/Abrir persiana', which
   is a bit long, but is the translation found in the Corel suite :-))

 * I've found 'la terminal' in many places, but it should be 'el terminal'
   (terminal is male gender in Spanish)

 * 'Unmount' in kfm.po is translated as 'Icono cuando no esta montado', which
   is obviously wrong, and should be simply 'Desmontar'. 'Mount' is a bit
   better translated as 'Montaje' but could be even better with 'Montar'.

 * 'Swallow' in kmenuedit.po is translated as 'tragar' ('eat' ??), I think it
   could be better translated by 'Iconizar' (although it is not perfect)

By the way, in the 'About KDE' dialog box which is found in every kde app,
when you say 'software engineers commited to free software development',
do you mean free as in freedom, or as in 'no cost' ? if the answer is freedom
it is ok, but if it's the second, 'libre' is not the correct translation, so
it should be 'gratuito'.

I've thought of changing all this in the CVS, but would prefer to ask to the
mantainer of these translations to do it better.

I will read your answers in the Mailing list archive.

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
antlarr@arrakis.es