List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Configure problems of Capitalist v0.1 with KDE 2.2 ?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2001-06-26 10:33:14

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:21:58PM +0200, Daniel Hermann wrote:
> Is there any other packages which provides kdb2html? I have no experiences
> with kde2.2, and my knowledge of the whole automake/autoconf mechanism is
> still very limited (kdevelop rules!), therefore I'm not able to help you
> here. Perhaps you could comment out some lines in the configure script,
> link kdb2html to /bin/true and everything would work fine ;-)

I already did something similar, so Kapitalist compiles.

Work-around for you: copy a the admin directory from a recent kde module
(kdelibs for example) to your project's dir, that way you have the
up-to-date configure stuff.

Took me a while to figure out Capitalist by the way, I kept typing start
only to find out one can only start from the console server and not the game
client! :-(

About your API/protocol, I assume it only works with clients that can
send/receive your structs. Could a Python client possible connect to your
daemon? It looks (from first sight) that your protocol is rather language
dependant.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 'What? In riddles?' said Gandalf. 'No! For I was talking
cap@capsi.com | aloud to myself. A habit of the old: they choose the wisest