List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Capitalist v0.1
From:       Daniel Hermann <hermann () tkm ! physik ! uni-karlsruhe ! de>
Date:       2001-06-24 13:29:23

Hi Josef,

On Sunday, 24. June 2001 15:10, Josef Spillner wrote:

> It looks very nice.
> But I guess it won't take more than a few days that people request
> compatibility between this and KMonop, which is also pretty new.
> Else people could get confused if a "permanent monopoly server for KDE" is
> announced somewhere, and they don't know which client to use.
> Or is the protocol already compatible?

No, I use a completely different protocol. But we are already discussing on
the kmonop-devel mailing list at lists.capsi.com about that.It's right that
compatibility will be important, but I started my code 1 1/2 years ago, when
monopd was in a very early stage and decided to take freeciv as a reference
when writing the network stuff. Only in the last weeks, when I heard about
monopd and kmonop being in heavy development, I decided to publish my code,
without taking the big effort to completely change it to be monopd-compatible.

That may be a task for the future.

cheers

	Daniel