List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kbattle.net
From:       Josef Spillner <dr_maux () maux ! de>
Date:       2001-05-19 21:45:46

On Saturday, 19. May 2001 23:46, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > http://ggz.sourceforge.net
>
> don't like that, it's gtk :/

It is _NOT_ Gtk, and I've said that a thousand times now. It is a system for
online games, independent of frontends (be it Gtk, KDE, Win, SDL, ...), and
I've already put a lot of work into the KDE port of it (which didn't exist
when the current version (0.0.3) came out).

The release schedule is aimed at June 8, so wait until then, or check out CVS
if you cannot wait:
	cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.ggz.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ggz login
	+ co -z3 easysock ggz-client-libs kde-client kde-games

There are 3 KDE games fully playable now, plus one nearly finished, plus one
on my hard disk :-)

I've already started with GGZap, which was originally planned for 0.0.5, and
will enable "online games on demand" one day - right now it's a nice
prototype for a game launcher. Take that and add a chat and a browser, and
you get KGGZ, which is quite stable and usable.

Take a look at the games in there, I've tried to make them as easy as
possible and also use different style of codings so that the port of existing
ones or creation of new ones is easier.
All the games in there use easysock right now (the GGZ'ish lib for socket
operations), but you can of course use Qt low-level network stuff if you like.

Josef