List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kbattle.net
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-19 22:23:07

On Sunday 20 May 2001 00:18, Rob Kaper wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:06:32AM +0200, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > does _k_battleship run on gnome/windows?
> > does _k_monop run on gnome/windows?
>
> No, but I designed KMonop/monopd in such a way that GNOME/Win clients are
> very welcome. :-) I do not want to tie my server code to a specific
> platform. I want a dedicated server and any client can connect.
>
> As far as I know, GGZ is more or less aimed at the same goal: there is a
> generic server with accounts, highscores, chat, meeting areas, etcetera.
> Every game can use GGZ, even if it's KDE only. The benefit is that if there
> were to be a GNOME client for the same game, both could use GGZ.
>
> Would I give up that opportunity if I ported KMonop to kbattle.net (I'm not
> even using GGZ at the moment, though) ?
The opportunity? _We_ KDE-Game-Developer create that Interface
you don't need to rely on other ppl to fix some bugs or
to change some design flaws, because YOU and ME designed it
- together...
That gives ous power, we can do that together
That's better then

(btw. for kbattleship there is a mac client Mac KBattleship :)

Bye
 Bye
  Niko

--