List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Kernel Konq
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-04-11 18:25:33

I guess this fits better to kde-games-devel

Subject: Kernel Konq
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:56:49 -0400
From: Andrew Chant <andrew@martingrove.com>
To: kde-devel@kde.org

Hi,
I am beginning a project called Kernel Konq.
It will be a side-scroller game, based loosely on Commander Keen
and Mario Bros.  It will be implemented using QCanvas, at least for the
moment.  The reason for this (and not SDL or any other alternative)
is so that it will operate on any platform that KDE will operate on.

I do, however, realize that this project will not reach anywhere near
completion if I work by myself, and so I call on anyone who wishes to
contribute, no matter how little or how much, to this project.  I am in
desperate need of artists to draw sprites such as the main character himself
(Konq the dragon! in small walk-animated png-format, perhaps holding a pistol
or sword) and other evil-dooers (trolls? teehee...).  I could also use some
people who are good with sound effects, as I wish to incorporate ARTS
support into this game.

If you are interested in helping, please drop me an email at
andrew@martingrove.com
and check out the webpage I've temporarily placed at
http://www.martingrove.com/kde
There is an initial (INITIAL!!!) tarball up there for the moment.
I look forward to seeing your responses,
	Andrew Chant
	andrew@martingrove.com