List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] technical question
From:       "Steffen Schultz" <steffen_schultz () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-03-15 12:35:25

I want to port a game that I have already written a few years ago for DOS.
In this game every player can write a few lines of code (it had to be
written in pascal) and then the code of the game itself and the code of all
players were compiled. After this you got the exe-file that you could start.
The players programmed little robots that can scan their environment to
figure out where they are and where the other robots are at this moment. The
robots were also able to move and shoot at the other robots. The player that
programmed the best robot won the game.
My problem is now that I don't want to compile the whole program each time I
change one of the robot's code. Is there a way, that the main program
doesn't have to be compiled and the robots itself are in separated binary
files that send their commands to the main programmed and will get their
information back from this main program. So how can I write different binary
files that communicate with each other?

Bye, Steffen