List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: Proposed new set of levels for KGoldrunner
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-06-09 4:41:51

Hi Albert,

Thank you very much for all your help with this. Just a couple of questions below.

> On 8 Jun 2021, at 7:40 am, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
>
> El dilluns, 7 de juny de 2021, a les 2:07:08 (CEST), Ian Wadham va escriure:
> > Hi Albert,
> >
> > > On 7 Jun 2021, at 8:22 am, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > El dissabte, 5 de juny de 2021, a les 5:58:51 (CEST), Ian Wadham va escriure:

> > > There is a line with
> > > i18n("");
> > > in game_GotD.txt which makes no sense, you can't translate "nothing".
> >
> > My apologies, Albert. That line and the lines just before and after it are meant \
> > to be extracted as one translatable string, containing two short paragraphs with \
> > \n as separators.
> > I am sending you the corrected file privately.
>
> Ok, all committed.

Thanks again, Albert. Just two questions...

I looked at https://invent.kde.org/games/kgoldrunner/-/commits/master and even logged \
in as KDE ID "ianw", but could find no branch or merge request. Should there be one, \
or am I missing something?

Also, could you send me a file of all the strings the latest KDE translation scripts \
extract from file kgoldrunner/gamedata/game_GotD.txt? Then I can check that they all \
appear as intended (i.e. no fragmentation or missing bits).

> I did some testing and i guess it works, i'm terrible at playing kgoldrunner so ... \
> :D

So the build worked with the new files in it. They are just data-files, no changes to \
C++ code, so I would expect KGoldrunner to work as before, in the latest releases and \
with the latest libraries. So no need to play… :-)

When you start KGoldrunner, the demo tests almost everything except GUI actions and \
menus.

The new levels, Game Of The Living Dead, can be tested by loading each (or any) level \
and its solution. To step through several levels, use H (for Help), Esc (for Show A \
Solution) and Y (for Play Next Level).

Each recorded level should terminate with all the gold gone and the hero on the top \
row of the layout. Failure to get there would mean that there is something wrong with \
the layout of the level or something is not working properly down in Qt, as happened \
before in 2007-2008 when QGraphicsView and KDE 4 first appeared.

Gabriel and I have already tested all levels on various earlier versions of KDE. Also \
he composed them and can play and win all of them, as evidenced by the recorded \
solutions. I can play only a fraction of them… too old for this stuff now… not \
fast enough any more… :-(

All the best,
Ian W.