List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] OSX/CI: Compilation of status of KF5 games
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-02-03 22:46:22

Hi Marko,

Thank you for this valuable summary.

On 04/02/2015, at 8:38 AM, Marko K=E4ning wrote:

> herewith I want to compile the status of KF5 games on OSX/CI from my prev=
ious posts in just one piece:
> =

> Seem to play fine:
> =

> + kgoldrunner s (there seem to be some short interruptions in the game-fl=
ow at times)

If the running figures sometimes freeze momentarily and then jump
to a new spot, it means that Qt5 is sometimes not keeping up with the
pace of the animation.  So KGr deliberately skips a few frames.  If it
is less than a second and only occasionally, it is quite normal=85  If
longer or very frequent, I will need to go into that later=85

Re the "s", if you have OpenAL and libsndfile libraries, KGr should
not be loading Phonon.  If you do not have them, KGr should disable
sound altogether and give you a popup message.

> Crash at startup:
> =

> - kubrick

It is a pure OpenGL (3-D) program and it is still using Kde4Support.
What happens if you try a 3-D puzzle (Roxdoku 9) in KSudoku?

> Other trouble:
> =

> * palapeli:
>    - doesn=92t find its shipped puzzles (overview is empty at startup)

Expected.  Neither QStandardPaths nor loading a plugin are working well
on OSX at the moment=85 ;-)  But we are working on those over at KDE-Mac.

Cheers, Ian W.