List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Regarding Mancala
From:       "=?iso-8859-1?q?Ga=EBl?= \(aka Kleag\)" <kleag () free ! fr>
Date:       2010-05-04 19:31:19

On Tuesday 04 May 2010 10:53:52 Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. Mai 2010 23:51:03 schrieb Mauricio Piacentini:
> > So I do not disagree, but I am not sure how we should handle this.
> > Maybe it-s is right, and we should simply purge most games and
> > implement a new level of quality needed (let us say for 4.6). Then we
> > would only have very good games in the module, but I believe only 4 or
> > 5 now would make the cut (KPat, KGoldrunner and maybe 2 or 3 more).
> > This might not be a bad thing after all, it can be a shake up that
> > will produce better stuff in the near future.
Personally, I think that the current number of games is a good thing and each
time (not so often) I play one or the other, I'm happy to see it and it works
globally good. Too much quality kills quality...

> I like this idea. In this step, we should also evaluate which parts of
> libkdegames could be deprecated (or even removed; IIRC we do not guarantee
> API/ABI stability of libkdegames for the whole KDE 4 cycle). For example,
> the KGame library could be moved into KSirk's codebase, as this is the
> only app using it (according to both LXR and grep), and KGame is not
> maintained: The log says that the last non-krazy change was 19 months ago.
I'm not formally opposed to this move but even if it is not maintained, the
point is that it just works... And in fact I don't understand why it is not
more used by games, because it was really a great help for ksirk. Maybe the
lack of documentation, advertisement, and tutorials simply explain that...

Gaël

--
KsirK - a world domination strategy game
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable
part
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer