On Tuesday 04 May 2010 10:53:52 Stefan Majewsky wrote: > Am Montag, 3. Mai 2010 23:51:03 schrieb Mauricio Piacentini: > > So I do not disagree, but I am not sure how we should handle this. > > Maybe it-s is right, and we should simply purge most games and > > implement a new level of quality needed (let us say for 4.6). Then we > > would only have very good games in the module, but I believe only 4 or > > 5 now would make the cut (KPat, KGoldrunner and maybe 2 or 3 more). > > This might not be a bad thing after all, it can be a shake up that > > will produce better stuff in the near future. Personally, I think that the current number of games is a good thing and each time (not so often) I play one or the other, I'm happy to see it and it works globally good. Too much quality kills quality... > > I like this idea. In this step, we should also evaluate which parts of > libkdegames could be deprecated (or even removed; IIRC we do not guarantee > API/ABI stability of libkdegames for the whole KDE 4 cycle). For example, > the KGame library could be moved into KSirk's codebase, as this is the > only app using it (according to both LXR and grep), and KGame is not > maintained: The log says that the last non-krazy change was 19 months ago. I'm not formally opposed to this move but even if it is not maintained, the point is that it just works... And in fact I don't understand why it is not more used by games, because it was really a great help for ksirk. Maybe the lack of documentation, advertisement, and tutorials simply explain that... Gaël -- KsirK - a world domination strategy game http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Games/Tactic_and_Strategy/KsirK KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer and editor based on a reusable part http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer _______________________________________________ kde-games-devel mailing list kde-games-devel@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-games-devel