List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] kshisen theme for 4.3
From:       Mauricio Piacentini <piacentini () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-03 10:40:16

Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> It is very good indeed. I like it as it is, but if the aim is to help
> the player to quickly distinguish the various tile sets, may I suggest
> to use a different color for the bamboo tiles? Green comes to my mind,
> but it may not be the only choice...
>
> By the way, I like the default tiles too, but what about the missing dragon?
> I think the 'empty" tile should really look something like this:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MJd3.png

Some tilesets (real) represent the blank dragon as a blank tile. It is
not missing, it was the intention of the author.
It might be confuse to some, I agree. I was used to it. If it is really
perceived as a problem, maybe emailing the author is the way to go? She
could have the final say on what to do, and maybe make the modification
directly.

I think this is the procedure we should follow for every change in art:
sometimes we have a small change to suggest, like a different color. The
change might be small for us, but the artist can consider it really
out-of-place. Artists can be picky about their "vision", and since we
allow people to create modifications and load different themes we should
attempt to preserve this.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini