List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Klickety in KDE4
From:       "Johann Ollivier Lapeyre" <johann.ollivierlapeyre () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-15 8:59:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> Thanks for summarizing the differences in detail, Ian. To me, it feels
> more efficient to add these configuration options to KSame: this will be
> a way to ressurrect the "klickety experience" and at the same time offer
> greater depth of play and configuration options to KSame players, so
> everybody wins.

Thanks for this talk yes. Very interesting.

I'm thinking too that it could be nice to merge klickety and ksame (based on
the ksame code).

For configuration options, we should ty to avoid them as possible, nobody
want to go to the config dialog before to play (and almost nobody do). I'd
prefer to see levels as kmines.
On kmines, higher the level is, higher the board size is and higher the
mine/free ratio is too.

On ksame4/klickety, we could have "higher the level is, higher the board
size is and more colors to click".

We could even see that with klickety users with a survey to understand
better what is is liked on klickety (and which is not on ksame). We should
think about the identity too (keep the klickety name, merge the artwork
style in a new stuff...).