List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] Cosmetic patch for kmahjongg
From:       Josef Spillner <josef () ggzgamingzone ! org>
Date:       2003-05-21 5:38:51

Salut,

On Wednesday 21 May 2003 00:46, Médéric BOQUIEN wrote:
> P.S : is there a document explaining how to make clean patches? I have
> checked patches from developpers on kde-devel and they seem more path
> independant. I fear mines can't always work as is.

You can always use 'cvs diff -u' to make sure that only files within the CVS
repository are considered.
If multiple directories are involved, a good strategy is to invoke this
command in the top-most directory, $(top_srcdir).
Patches created this way can be recognized as they contain the repository path
(e.g. /home/kde/...).

Josef

--
Play for fun, win for freedom.