List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    [Kde-games-devel] Re: More then 1 KDE games package
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-01-27 20:49:22

On Sunday 27 January 2002 20:49, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Same applies for Atlantik (once kmonop). Yes - you *can* play it for a
> > very long time. But you don't *have* to.
>
> I could play Quake for 10 hours, but I don't *have* to I can just play it
> for 5 mintues.  Should it be included in kdegames, no.  It is not just
> about how long a game is, but how complicated the game is, how hard it is
> to learn, how complicated it is.

You don't understand me. Monopoly-like computer games are played by 2
different groups. One groups sits in front of the computer for 1-2 days
before they go to bed and the other group plays the game for 5 minutes cause
they wait untils their download is completed.
Quke is mostly played by the first group only. And no I don't think it should
be included to kdegames as it's size is far too big, it is owned by ID
Software (at least the data files) and finally it is not a KDE game at all.

> How many games should kdegames have before it is split?

Let's move to the "Breaking up kdegames?" thread for this.

> -Benjamin Meyer

CU
Andi