List:       kde-games-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kde-games-devel] QCanvasSprite + QObject
From:       thomas.friedrichsmeier () ruhr-uni-bochum ! de
Date:       2001-12-20 10:57:05

> You do not need timers for the animation. The Cavas Items
> have a function advance which is called periodically with
> a period which you set with setAdvancePeriod or so.
> You can do, movement and animation in this function
> without the need of additional timers.

Well, I wasn't talking about advancement, although, for some objects I found it handy
to set them to not animated and move them by hand. But for all I know, there is no
functionality for setting the sequence/frame automatically, so that's what I need timers
for (BTW, the timer-periods may differ for these animations, so a global
setAnimationPeriod or the like would not help me).

Thomas