List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Qt-2.1 and Harmony
From:       "Adam J. Richter" <adam () yggdrasil ! com>
Date:       1999-10-25 2:15:05

	I was wondering if any of you folks on the freeqt mailing list
have been following Qt-2.1 development and could offer any advice on
what differences are expected between Qt-2.0 and Qt-2.1.  Assuming
that more programming work is done on Harmony and that we ultimately
want Harmony to be sorce compatabible with the latest versions of Qt
as they are available, are there any features of 2.1 that it would
be useful to be cognizant of right now (for example, a feature
that simplifies implementation of some existing Qt classes or
that is much simpler if the work on Qt-1.x features is done along
certain lines).  Any advice would be appreciated.

	Also, it would be helpful if somebody who does not expect
to write Harmony code would download the latest Qt-2.1 snapshot tar
file ftp.troll.no and make a new tar file that contains just the
documentation, so that people who want to super paranoid about
avoiding the Qt code can study the 2.1 documentation.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."