List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: FW: [freeqt] GPL vs LGPL
From:       John Allen <john.allen () maotech ! ie>
Date:       1999-04-01 18:20:14

Carl Thompson wrote:

> "Davis, Kelly W" wrote:
>

> > ... Be that as it may, I never said Troll Tech is cheap.
>
> Sorry, someone else said that and I confused you with him.

> > However, if you are writing something that you want to sell, you have
> > absolutely know business for criticizing Troll Tech for writing something
> > that they want to sell.
>
> I don't have anything against Troll Tech or their toolkit.  I do have a
> problem with it being used as the basis for a desktop environment which is
> Free Software.  For all I care, Troll Tech could sell their software for
> $10,000.  But I don't think it should be used by Free Software, even if they
> only charged $1.
>
> Carl Thompson

Hello, hello, wakey wakey, if you are writing FREE SOFTWARE, you don't
have to pay Troll Tech even $1, the price to free software developers
is $0

Get with if your software is free software, then the QPL is totally
compatible with it, and as someone else said if you're selling
you're software and want to use Qt, what basis have you for
complaining about paying for it?

--
John Allen                         email: john.allen@maotech.ie
MAO Technologies LLC.                www: http://www.maotech.ie