List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] GPL vs LGPL
From:       jedi <jedi () penguin ! lvcablemodem ! com>
Date:       1999-03-31 23:03:33

> Wolfgang Thaller wrote:
>
> > [snipped]
>

> > I'd like to add that some people think that closed-source software is
> > justified in some areas. And why should commercial developers pay
> > horrendous prices for writing software for KDE? And why should those folks
>
> I investigated the Qt license previously for a commercial product, and believe
> me their pricing is anything but horrendous, especially considering that
> their aren't any runtime royalties.

	Compared to everything else out there, it is. At least the other
	dev enviroments are actually dev enviroments and not just libs
	and mebbe a life preserver.

	This could be very well why Corel might be more interested in a
	winelib rather than a qtlib version of their office suite.

	qt is behind the times in this respect. One wonders how they make
	any money at all with such an approach (rather than concentrating
	on the ultimate devtools).

[deletia]