List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Further Thoughts
From:       Roy Wood <roy () centricsystems ! ca>
Date:       1999-03-15 16:19:04

>By the way, what is glade--?

http://glade.pn.org/

Glade is a user interface builder for Gtk+, according to the homepage.
I've never used it, so I can't say more than that.

Also, a lot of people are carping about the fact that Gtk-- is a C API
and that Gtk-- is "just a wrapper".  This is true, but is it not also
true that Qt is "just a wrapper" around the low-level X API?

Yes, that is a big simplification.  Yes, this is getting a little silly.
Yes, I'll shut up now.

Though I am enjoying the discussion of alternative toolkits like Gtk,
fltk, etc.

-Roy