List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Thoughts on QPL
From:       "Adam J. Richter" <adam () yggdrasil ! com>
Date:       1999-03-07 19:26:09

>I agree with you on the patches issue, the GPL compatibility issue I haven't
>really studied enough to have an opinion about, I guess as long as RMS
>doesn't demand that the KDE project quit using the GPL is has to be ok.

rms has said that QPL (0.9x?) is GPL incompatible.

I am not a lawyer, and this is not legal advice, but my read of all
versions of QPL up to and including 1.0 is that they are that they
are GPL incompatible.

Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034
+1 408 261-6630         | g g d r a s i l   United States of America
fax +1 408 261-6631      "Free Software For The Rest Of Us."