List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Future of Harmony
From:       Mosfet <mosfet () jorsm ! com>
Date:       1998-11-22 5:29:30

Okay, this is getting no one anywhere and I see no need to get into this
any further. The people who developed large parts of Harmony are not
stupid, they can decide for themselves if they want to continue or not.
I think most already have made their decision. In the meantime, I have
actual KDE/QT code to write.

Hopefully, it will be with a free version of QT that contains the
efforts of both Troll Tech and the Open Source community.

One thing I can help with is that if any of the developers do wish to
support the OSS QT2.0 but don't have the time or energy to port the
code. I am somewhat experienced with QT's source and know QT and KDE
well. This hindered me with the Harmony project before, but can be quite
useful if you have code you think should be in 2.0. Feel free to contact
me if that is the case. I want the most powerful OSS QT library as
possible for KDE, and would be happy to help make that happen by trying
to translate the code into something that will work within QT.

I defintely don't want everyone just to walk away and see all the work
done here go to waste. It would be nice to see the best of both used.

mosfet@jorsm.com
mosfet@mieterra.com
ksiag@lowrent.org