List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Call to finish Harmony
From:       olet () ifi ! uio ! no (Ole J !  Tetlie)
Date:       1998-11-20 16:50:27

*-Carl Thompson <cet@elinux.net>

|      I hereby volunteer what little free time I have to finishing the
| Harmony project.  (Hopefully someone can bring me up to speed on the API and
| the development model?)  If there are other developers who think that
| Harmony should continue now, send mail to Jo Dillon (who I believe is in
| charge?) telling him so.

I don't really qualify as a developer, as I only take care of two
classes. That said, I'm not eager to stop developing harmony. I can
see three possible paths:

1. Everyone quits developing harmony.

2. We continue as now, trying to make a solid LGPL Qt-replacement.

3. We decide that we do not want to chase Qt, and develop our own
   toolkit. Another toolkit is not what the world needs, but it
   would be a lot of fun. :-)

--
...Unix, MS-DOS, and MS Windows (also known as the Good, the Bad,
and the Ugly).                                       (Matt Welsh)