List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Exact qt-bahaviour?
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       1998-10-18 22:13:15

Ole J. Tetlie wrote:

> *-Jo Dillon <emily@thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk>
> |
> | If it would cause KDE apps to break when compiling don't do it.
> | If it provides extra features without breaking compatibility then feel
> | free to do it  :)
>
> Does compatibility include text strings? Would it be a breach of
> compatibility if the string "Tor" was returned by harmony and
> "Thu" returned by qt when an app asked for the abbreviation for
> Thursday on a machine with LANG=no_NO?

I could imagine problems with it. But I'm quite sure TT will break
that too very soon, since it doesn't make sence to return the english
text in a localized application.

BTW: Have you noticed QObject::tr()?

Greetings, Stephan

--
NOTE: condom may only be used with a hard disk. condom will
terminate abnormally with exit code -1 if used with a floppy