List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    [freeqt] Style selection update
From:       Christian Boos <boos () arthur ! u-strasbg ! fr>
Date:       1998-10-18 17:33:46

Christian Boos writes:
 > Olivier Galibert writes:
 >  > I eventually wrote the "if the widget drawing  object is not found for
 >  > the current style,  default  to  motif".  Now,  when you   implement a
 >
 > That was my choice too.
 >
 >  > style, you  only implement  a delta from  motif.   This allowed me  to
 >  > remove a lot of  copypasted code from platinum  and next, and the  lcd
 >  > number miraculously appeared in next style.
 >
 > Good. But I'm also working on the styles right now. I expect to commit
 > them today...

Well, today is nearly past, and the changes turn so big I haven't
commited now...

For rcsmerge's sake, here is a summary of what's going on:

- A new file 'h_themes', basically implementing the GUIStyle class (Qt
compatibel, of course), and the (templatized) style_implementation.

- Each and every 'themeable' widget (including QWidget) uses a theme
registration map:

  template <class T> class theme_map
    : public map<const char*, style_implementation<T>*> {
  public:
    theme_map () {}
  };

  The QWidget uses a content_theme map.

- The QFrame widget includes in addition a frame_theme map.

- the various style files (motif, next, windows, platinum,
  am_i_missing_smthg?) will be updated to accomodate the above
  changes (we can avoid now all the static_casts, and the className()
  use of course).
  I would like to rename the h_motif, h_next, etc, so one could
  rapidly figure what is an harmony extension file...

- the qapplication is not concerned with themes anymore except for
  setting the global style (for the whole client). This cascades the
  changes in all the widgets (I implemented setMainWidget btw).

I expect to commit the changes tomorrow afternoon...

-- Christian