List:       kde-freeqt
Subject:    Re: [freeqt] Do you want help?
From:       Jo Dillon <emily () thelonious ! new ! ox ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1998-10-16 17:00:06

Ole J. Tetlie (olet@ifi.uio.no) spake thusly:
> *-Jo Dillon <emily@thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk>
> |
> | Docs are cerrtainly always welcome :)
> |
> | Ole J. Tetlie (olet@ifi.uio.no) spake thusly:
> | > Hi,
> | >
> | > In MAINTAINERS from the last snapshot there are a few classes
> | > that are listed as orphaned. Does this mean that you'd like someone
> | > to adopt them? I've been having a look at QDateTime, and at least it
> | > needs docs to be written.
> | >
> | > --
> | > The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to it's feet
> | > in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)
> | > olet@ifi.uio.no   [-: .elOle. :-]   olet@debian.org
>
> Oki. I could also code some on the class, but some questions:
>
> * Should the interface be identical to Qt or is a superset OK?
>   There are some things I'd want to see in QDateTime.

  Superset's great.

> * Do you (we) have a policy on whether to optimise for time or space?

  Not really :)

> * What "dialect" off C++ is most appropriate? I'm asking because in
>   QDateTime there are static global functions, something that is
>   deprecated. The "modern" way is to use a namespace. Should that be
>   avoided until compilers get up to speed with it?
>   (I guess I'm asking; how portable do we aim to be?)

  I think we're prepared to stick with global functions right now ;)
We're avoiding giving ourselves extra grief by not using namespaces at
the moment, and we have a hack to make Harmony work with compilers
that define an STL namespace and with compilers that don't.

> --
> The only way tcsh "rocks" is when the rocks are attached to its feet
> in the deepest part of a very deep lake.             (Linus Torvalds)
> olet@ifi.uio.no   [-: .elOle. :-]   olet@debian.org

--
	Jo

Harmony - the project to create an LGPL Qt clone
http://harmony.ruhr.de