List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request 126161: OS X housekeeping
From:       René_J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-12-01 9:35:47

On Tuesday December 01 2015 09:56:15 David Faure wrote:

> Yes - which is exactly what my suggested patch does, AFAICS.

Your patch only modifies launch() IIRC. If my understanding is correct, then that \
means kdeinit will fail if it decides to use the kdeinit module, because that \
decision is not made inside launch(). Unless the caller tries launch() again with the \
executable in that case, but while we're at it we could just as well do things \
properly and remove that source of initial failure, don't you think? :) After all \
I've introduced a dedicated kinit_mac.mm file, so I can scrap any unused code instead \
of introducing yet more ifdefs.

R.