List:       kde-frameworks-devel
Subject:    DocBookXML 4.5, the plan
From:       Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2014-02-22 15:52:38

Hi all,
these are the steps of plan for bumping the default DocBook XML version to 4.5
while keeping the compatibility on the old 4.2-based when kde4support is used:

1) commit rename/changes of FindDocBookXML (RR 115876 and 115879);

2) kde4support: copy files FindDocBookXML, catalog.xml, kdex.dtd to
kde4support (with history, help or script from Alex Merry needed :) from
kdoctools, remove the old compatibility variables, do not install kdex.dtd and
catalog.xml for now, rename catalog.xml as catalog4.xml and remove the old
content (leave only the definition of 4.2-based DTD).

3a) kdoctools: change the default DTD by renaming kdex.dtd and bumping
DocBookXML version number to 4.5;
3b) kde4support: install catalog4.xml and kdex.dtd from kde4support
3c) other modules: fix the documentation of all ported modules to use the new
DTD (4.5-based) (temporary breakages in Jenkins are possible).

My question is: given the strict time before alpha2, do I need to sent out a
RR for every step above (especially 3c), or can I just go and do the changes
if you think the plan is fine?

Ciao
--
Luigi