List:       kde-events
Subject:    Re: [Kde-events] KDE @ LinuxTag 2001
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2001-06-21 0:03:33

On Wednesday 20 June 2001  5:42 pm, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the following announcement is meant to go to the press soon.
> Could you read over it and tell me if I forgot to mention something :-) ?
> Andreas: Could you polish up my borken english and do your
> pr-marketing-magic to it? ;-)

Sorry if these comments are too late. They're just suggestions so feel free
to ignore them without reply :-)

> -- snip --
>
> "KDE @ LinuxTag 2001"
>
> The KDE-Team will be present at LinuxTag 2001 which is the biggest Linux
   The KDE-Team will be present at LinuxTag 2001, the largest Linux

> and Open Source exhibition in Europe (17000 visitors and 100 exhibitors on
> 10000 m^2 last year). LinuxTag 2001 will take place from July 5th to 8th in
   ^^^^^^^^^^ - please forgive my ignorance, but I don't understand that bit.
   Ahh, I see - the exhibition floor space :-)

> Stuttgart, Germany.
>
> The "Congress Program" will feature talks by the popular KDE-Developers
   The "Congress Program" will feature talks by the popular KDE developers,

> Matthias Ettrich and Kalle Dahlheimer. The "Forum Program" will offer a
> talk about "Developing a GUI Using Qt" and talks in german about
> "Multimedia in KDE 2" and  "KDE 2.2 - Ihr Persönlicher Desktop".  Also
> there will be held several workshops on KDE-Development.

  Matthias Ettrich and Kalle Dalheimer.
  The "Forum Program" will offer a talk (in English) about "Developing a GUI
  Using Qt" and talks (in German) about "Multimedia in KDE 2" and "KDE 2.2 -
  Ihr Persönlicher Desktop". Several workshops on KDE development will be
  also be held.

  and Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com) during the show.

> We invite everybody to meet more than 40 KDE-developers, KDE-enthusiasts
> and of course our mascot Konqi at the kde-booth.

  We invite everybody to meet more than 40 KDE developers, KDE enthusiasts
  and, of course, our mascot "Konqi" at the KDE booth.

> See http://www.linuxtag.org for more information.

  For more information on LinuxTag, see http://www.linuxtag.org
  For more information on KDE, see http://www.kde.org
  For information relating to this press release, please contact Torsten Rahn
  (torsten@kde.org)

> -- snip --

My edited version in full:

<myversion type="ignore if you like and I won't be offended">

"KDE @ LinuxTag 2001"

The KDE-Team will be present at LinuxTag 2001, the largest Linux and Open
Source exhibition in Europe (17,000 visitors and 100 exhibitors occupying
10,000 sqm. of floor space last year). LinuxTag 2001 will take place from
July 5th to 8th in Stuttgart, Germany.

The "Congress Program" will feature talks by the popular KDE developers,
Matthias Ettrich and Kalle Dalheimer.
The "Forum Program" will offer a talk (in English) about "Developing a GUI
Using Qt" and talks (in German) about "Multimedia in KDE 2" and "KDE 2.2 -
Ihr Persönlicher Desktop".
Several workshops on KDE development will also be held.

(English) http://www.linuxtag.org/2001/deutsch/showitem.php3?item=30&lang=en
(German) http://www.linuxtag.org

For more information on KDE, see http://www.kde.org

For information relating to this press release, please contact Torsten Rahn
(torsten@kde.org)

</myversion>

Cheers,
Sean