List:       kde-events
Subject:    Re: [Kde-events] Hey dude, what's that,
From:       "Lydia Pintscher" <lydia.pintscher () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-10 19:01:47

I added some Amarok stuff.
Feel free to remove it or add more as I am not feeling well today and
my edits might be crap.

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok team        community manager

["cebit.txt" (text/plain)]

KDE was present at Cebit 2008 in Hannover, the world's largest IT fair. The booth was \
located inside the LinuxPark in Hall 5, where Linux New Media had given KDE, Amarok \
and other open source projects the opportunity to present their work.
On Thursday, when the exhibition started we occupied booth F52 and F16. Fortunately, \
this year our network-situation was quite good as all of our Notebooks had WIFI. We \
attracted a lot of visitors and it turned out that the booth was a bit small for us.  \
 Thanks to our great community the KDE booth was always very well staffed, both by \
experienced KDE contributors and our friends in Fedora community, but also by users \
who volunteered and by that did their first-time contributions to the KDE world. It's \
nice to see such enthusiastic new contributors coming to KDE :-)

We had a lot of interesting chats with visitors. There were very different groups of \
visitors. Some of them were experienced KDE users and maybe we were able to motivate \
some of them to contribute to KDE themselves. Then there were also visitors \
completely new to Linux, we could show them that nowadays Linux with KDE is a viable \
if not even more powerful alternative to the commercial offerings. I guess the most \
asked questions were "How stable is KDE4?" and "When will Amarok 2 be released?". For \
these visitors we could show some bleeding edge KDE 4 applications and were able to \
convince many visitors that KDE 4.1 and Amarok 2 will truly be impressive.

During the event, members of the KDE projects gave a couple of talks in the Linux \
Forum. On Saturday, Franz Keferböck talked about graphic effects in KDE4 and Sven \
Krohlas gave an introduction to Amarok while on Sunday, Carsten Niehaus and Frederik \
Gladhorn did a live demonstation of KDE4 and its applications.