List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu]: Octave backend for Cantor - Any interest?
From:       Miha =?utf-8?q?=C4=8Can=C4=8Dula?= <miha.cancula () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-31 16:12:51

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

There's an idea for a Octave backend in Cantor an the Techbase page. We're
doing a numerical methods course in school this year, and we're using octave,
so I'm used to it. I would also like a nice graphical front-end, and this
would be a nice project for Summer of Code.

The things is, there's also QtOctave, which is Qt-only, but still quite
alright. I use it for my assighnments and found it has a few quirks, but is
usable as is.

What I'm wondering is: is there any interest for an octave plugin while
there's already a (not as nice, but still) graphical frontend for it?