List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Re: klogoturtle.docbook from Holland
From:       "Mahfouf Anne-Marie" <annemahfouf () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-08-04 18:35:18

Hi Cies,

Thank you for your work, I will merge your index.docbook with the existing
one which is in cvs kdenonbeta/doc/klogoturtle/
and I'll add some information on the website as well, I'll do that this
evening.

>Meanwhile still no running version of KLogo-Turtle. I need to run kde from
>cvs
>+ qt-copy for this, right?
yes, you need at least qt-copy and kdelibs from CVS HEAD and the QTDIR and
KDEDIR variables pointing to these install directories in order to compile
KLogoTurtle.

>Oh, and -- i know i asked before -- but is it true that there are some
>portugese words used in the code? The one that came across was 'desenho',
>now
>i see it again it could be some abbreviation.  [or should i ask this
>somewhere else; i.e. Euclides or the edu-list]
desenho is the name of a class in the code. Usually, using english class
names and english variables names in the code is better as it's easier for
anybody to understand the code. Maybe we'll change the portuguese code names
later if Euclides agrees. Every string in the code must be in english in
order to be translated later by all the KDE i18n teams (more than 50). A
string is something that appears on a widget like "Messages:" or in the
statusbar for example. I think that in KLogoTurtle, every string is in
english.

However, there is something special in KLogoTurtle. The LOGO commands can be
in Portuguese (instead of typing FORWARD 50 you type the Portuguese word for
FORWARD). This will be available in other languages and you can translate
all the commands in your language if you want. I think that we will make a
script in order to allow to do that easily (for the developers: and to adapt
the code as well: I think the commands for each language should be in
separate files that would be read by the code, we'll have to think about the
best way to do that) so maybe you can wait a bit more to do it.

Thank you so much for your contribution, this is great. I CC my answer and
your mail to Euclides and to the KDE-Edu mailing list. Have a nice holiday,

Anne-Marie