List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] update on copyright status of catalogs
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2003-06-27 0:42:42

Jason Harris writes:

> Hi, I disagree, I outlined quite explicitly that there was the
> possibility that someone would repackage and sell KStars (and even
> pointed out that this was already happening through the Linux
> distributions).  Yet Laurent still said they have no problem with
> KStars using their catalogs.

Hm.. yes, perhaps he only meant "there should be a free version of
KStars available" by saying "as long as KStars itself remains free",
which would be the case.
It would prolly be useful to get some input into the discussion from
someone who knows more about this.
Maybe you could reply to the Debian bug report first mentionned with
your opinion, to see whether this new information is satisfactory for
them..

cheers
domi