List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Would this result in a memory leak?
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2003-04-24 8:59:40

Sebastian Stein writes:

  Sebastian> 10:45]: Yes, this would be the way to go. But it is much
  Sebastian> harder to don't forget any object, because there are
  Sebastian> really much widgets to be deleted.
  >>
  >> You don't need to delete all the labels.. if you make sure they
  >> all have the layout as their parent, and then delete the layout,
  >> you should be fine..

  Sebastian> Mmmh, I've tried this but it doesn't work, because a
  Sebastian> layout couldn't be the parent. It is not a QWidget. Only
  Sebastian> QWidgets (or objects with QWidget in their inheritance
  Sebastian> tree) could be parents.

sorry, you're right..

  Sebastian> My layout is QGridLayout. And I put objects based on
  Sebastian> QLabel, QFrame ... in it. If I delete the QGridLayout,
  Sebastian> the other objects are still left.

  Sebastian> I thought about the following solution by adding another
  Sebastian> widget between:

yes, I've checked some Qt docs, and apparently, that's how they handle
it as well..

  Sebastian> I'm not sure if this would work, because I don't know how
  Sebastian> to maximize the size of the baseWidget. It should take
  Sebastian> all the place of the TaskView Widget.

I *think* that if a qwidget has only one qwidget as a child, then that
widget takes all the place of its parent, by default..
You had better try this though, as I'm not really sure..
cheers
domi

--
Q:	What's buried in Grant's tomb?