List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] kpercentages with colored frames
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-09-13 18:46:16

Am Freitag, 13. September 2002 19:32 schrieb Klas Kalass:
> Am Freitag, 13. September 2002 19:05 schrieb Matthias Messmer:
> > What do you think of this...
> >
> > http://bmlmessmer.bei.t-online.de/kpercentage/kpercentage-frame1.png
> > http://bmlmessmer.bei.t-online.de/kpercentage/kpercentage-frame2.png
> > http://bmlmessmer.bei.t-online.de/kpercentage/kpercentage-frame3.png
> >
> > thx for answer
> >
> > m.
>
> I think it is a lot better than the previous version (the one without
> colours) but if you go for this style then you should fix the other colours
> (button colours and fon colours) as well - otherwise I could complain that
> it looks just terrible with colour-style XYZ.
>
> But to be honest, I liked the style of your background picture more than
> this style - but maybe you can make a small background pic for each frame
> that will be repeated and has some structure in it? Maybe lines (with
> similar colours so it is not visible but only prevents the thing from
> looking like plastic)?
Forget it - too many styles have a bug that makes the label just look terrible
with such a background (the background of the label is one off, but only with
some styles and not with others...).
Unless it is possible to find some way to have a uniform background colour for
the label.

I made some food for thought, based on your last screenshot:
http://www.kalass.de/kpercentage.png

Note that I took the colours from your original background...
I know that it is a feature for the next version, but if you do a background
in this or your former style then what do you think about making the colours
configurable?