List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] math app - design version 0.1
From:       Dominique Devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-08-20 20:53:20

Sebastian Stein <s5228@informatik.htw-dresden.de> writes:

> Eva Brucherseifer <eva@kde.org> [020820 20:02]:
> > http://www.rtr.tu-darmstadt.de/~eva/download/kmath-0.1.tar.gz
>
> Yes, it works!
idd :)

> > I used kbruch as an example.
>
> It is a great pleasure for me... ;-)

he :)
> > - - configuration of the part (and thus the exercises)
>
> Would it be possible to add other items to the tool bar? I mean
> items only
> specific for this part? Klas Kalass tried to rework the design of
> KBruch and
> he removed all the menus and added the options to the toolbar.

If you mean a part providing its own additions to toolbars and stuff,
this is one of the most important parts of the KPart stuff...
so yes :)
( check out KOffice ( which is actually one shell app with parts
providing actions... ) to see it work... )

> > keduparts - interface of the edupart
>
> I don't really understand what it is for. I think I have to study
> the
> concept a little bit more. Maybe I missed some discussions or mails,
> because
> our university's email server was shut down for some days because of
> the
> flood disaster in Dresden.

Well, the idea was to have one big application, which is just a shell
to plugins like kbruch..  This would ensure consistency, prevent code
duplication, and should be a good counterargument when people say that
KDE-EDU is just a collection of small apps :)
cheers
domi

--
Of course, you UNDERSTAND about the PLAIDS in the SPIN CYCLE --