List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Add KBruch to KDE 3.1?
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-16 12:32:31

On Tuesday 16 July 2002 8:02, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> I don't plan to add any new features to KBruch at all, because it would not
> fit to the idea of KBruch being a simple task generator for tasks with
> fractions.

Well, the problem is that things aren't even supposed to be added to that list
anymore -- and that's features for individual apps.  Adding another
application is a much bigger thing.

> What do you think about it or am I to late?

Probably, though Dirk has the final say on things like this (whether he likes
it or not :-) ), but at least my interpretation of the feature freeze would
not allow this.  And actually, this is pretty much the situation that I was
in before 3.0 with FlashKard (and I think Carsten was in a similar place with
Kalzium) -- both are now being included in 3.1, but weren't in 3.0.

And while I think Extragear would make a nice temporary home for KBrunch, IIRC
it is not released with KDE (but provides will provide tools for developers
to do their own releases).  I'm sure Klas can comment more on that.

Cheers,

-Scott