List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Add KBruch to KDE 3.1?
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-07-16 12:31:35

Am Dienstag, 16. Juli 2002 14:14 schrieb Carsten Niehaus:
> On Tuesday 16 July 2002 14:02, Sebastian Stein wrote:
> > I had a look at the release plan for KDE 3.1 and saw that there are a
> > hugh amount of open things to do. I think KBruch could jump immediatly in
> > the yellow and maybe in 2 weeks to the green section.
>
> I don't mind but I am sure Dirk Müller does... Perhaps you ask Klaas for
> inclusion in kextragear... There it would be released with KDE 3.1 if you
> like und will be tested with the kde-3.1-releasemechanismns.
Sorry, that is a misunderstanding. I really need to put up some Extra Gear
page, I think.

Nothing in Extra Gear will be released with KDE 3.1, that is the whole point
of the Extra Gear. All programs are released when the author wants to. And if
he is smart he times it so that the main translation work for his app can be
done during a time where there is not much left to do for the main KDE apps
(typically that would be during the "adding features like crazy" phase).
The Extra Gear is for apps that do not fit into one of the main modules and
are not adding to the "Desktop" thing because they duplicate functionality or
are just too specialized. So those apps are seperated from the KDE Release
(and "Distribution") but still associated with the KDE Project.

Klas