List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] mini-rant (was: KPopupMenu on QPushButton in kmessedword)
From:       Scott Wheeler <wheeler () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-15 13:41:52

Just a note -- not specifically directed at Sebastian since I've had to fix
this a few times other places recently:

* Please, do not commit code that you know will not compile! *

It's not as big a deal since this was in kdenonbeta, but it's a bad idea there
too.  Especially in the kdeedu module do not commit code that you know is
broken.

The other part of this is:

* Please, make sure that your code compiles before you commit it. *

There are of course times when it's impossible to tell that you're doing
something that won't compile on a different compiler/platform, but try to be
careful.  I've seen things a couple of times that I know wouldn't have
compiled on any platform or compiler in CVS.

That will be all for now.  ;-)

-Scott

p.s. Oh, and keep up the good work.  This is only a mini-rant after all.  :-)