List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] Linux/Open Source in Education Resources
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-15 8:50:11

Hi Scott,

On Saturday 13 July 2002 11:50, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> After talking to some people at LinuxTag, it became apparent that there
> hasn't been much interaction between the KDE Edu project and other
> organizations trying to promote Linux and Open Source in education.
>
> So, I thought a first step would be to start to look around on the web and
> see what's out there.  I emailed several of these groups and asked them to
> place http://edu.kde.org/ in their links/resources section and joined the
> mailing lists of both SEUL and SchoolForge.

Great :-)

[skipping lots of interesting projects]

> *) Linux in der Schule
>
> http://www.suse.de/de/products/books/data/data_buecher/3_934678_21_1.html
>
> I think I will email this author in the near future to see what he covers
> in the book and to see if he has any helpful information about where and
> how Linux is being used in schools.  (I remember him emailing this list a
> long time ago.).

Yes, that time we actually were to busy starting the project to answer him. He
asked what projects he can write about in his book.
BTW, keduca and some other kdeedu app (don't remember, I think it was ktouch),
were listed in the german computer magazine c't as recommended free edu
applications. Every year c't has 2 large articles about shareware/freeware
apps on all platforms and also CDs with all apps. The review was very
positive :-)

Greetings,
eva