List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KDE 3 kdeedu question
From:       KStars <kstars () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2002-06-10 17:53:30

Hello,

At this time, the only way to modify a custom location entry is to manually
edit the file:
~/.kde3/share/apps/kstars/mycities.dat
To switch the sign of the longitude, just change the "E" following the
longitude to a "W" (for West).

hope that helps,
Jason

PS- your "~/.kde3" directory may be "~/.kde" or "~/.kde2"...
PPS- please send KStars-specific questions to kstars@30doradus.org or
kstars-devel@lists.sourceforge.net.  Thanks!

On Monday 10 June 2002 09:19 am, Hairysocks wrote:
> I was using the star mapping program, and tried adding the
> location of my town. I managed to add it ok, except I put the
> longitude in wrongly - I needed to put a minus sign before the
> value. I then discovered there doesn't seem to be a way of
> changing or deleting an incorrect entry.
>
> Is there a way to do this?

KStars: A K Desktop Planetarium
http://edu.kde.org/kstars