List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] And so it begins (libkdeedu)
From:       Matthias Messmer <bmlmessmer () web ! de>
Date:       2002-05-30 14:17:04

On Thursday 30 May 2002 15:15, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Thursday 30 May 2002 01:42 pm, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > KDEEdu is more than just language apps. Shouldn't if have a more specific
> > name
> > then including the voc aspect?
> >
> > What about
> > KEduVocData
>
> Yes that would probably work.  There is some question at this point is
> whether or not this lib will be mostly for vocabulary data, but it seems
> that things are going that way.
>
> Question:  Is there anyone out there that has developed or is developing an
> application that would benefit from the data model that the vocabulary apps
> are using?  i.e. a set of text values that represent an "entry" and a set
> of those entries that represent a "list"?

Yes, me again ;-)

I was made to implement some text related exercises for kpercentage, you know:
training calculating-with-percentages-skills. So these exercises could/should
be stored in a seperate file which format can/shall be xml.

Do you mean things linke that?

<e>
  <s>A car cost 20000 Euro. The Price increased 10%.</s>
  <q>How much does it cost now?</q>
  <a>22000</a>
</e>