List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] kdeedu@linuxtag2002
From:       Eva Brucherseifer <eva () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-29 11:27:20

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 12:23, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday 13 May 2002 09:36 pm, Eva Brucherseifer wrote:
> > And of course: it would be great to meet some of you there :-) We could
> > do a little project meeting there.
>
> Hey folks!
>
> Well I guess this is getting a bit closer, so of course that's when I start
> to think about organization.  ;-)
>
> There are a few things that have been talked about lately that might be
> nice to meet about, since it looks like a good handful of us will be around
> at LT.

What abou edu example files?
 Yesterday we tried Bero's new "Berolinux XP"  distribution and since it has
KDE 3.0.1 ready on it, it is very likely, we'll be using berolinux.
Is it possible to compile all edu apps for KDE 3.0.1?

> Things that come to mind for me that would be nice to talk about include
> style issues, now and in the future.  Since I never got much of a responce
> from the KDE look/usability folks, LinuxTag might be a good chance to grab
> one of them and force them to help us out with a style guide.  Also, Ewald,
> Annma and myself have been discussing stuff about the needs and uses of ad
> kdeedu library and it would be nice to get more input about what would be
> useful for different developers.

Tim Jansen, the author of krfb, also want to join, so we can talk about the
use of krfb in classrooms. Maybe we can convince him to write a nice howto for
teachers ;-)
He'll be at linuxtag from Fri evening until Sun afternoon.

So I think, the best time for a meeting will be somewhen on sunday.

Greetings,
eva

> So who will be there?  I know that Carsten, Klas, Eva and myself will be
> there.  Anyone else?  If you're just going to be there for certain days
> which days?  If you're interested in doing a pseudo-organized (my
> involvement implies the "pseudo") developer's meeting let me know.
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Scott

Dijkstra:
"Testing can prove the presence of bugs, but not their absence."