List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] xml prob
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-05-29 10:32:40

Hi,

As you know, I am working a bit on KLatin. I am rewriting it
(see the 2 screenies to get an idea)

The latin and english words were stored in a text file, I will use FlashKard
xml. But I have some difficulties extracting the content from that xml
file.... I had a look at flashKard but there are 3 classes involved
(xmlparser, datawidget and card) and I cannot figure out how to make all that
work in KLatin...
I don't know where the data is after being extracted (in a QValueList?) nor
don't I understand why the XMLParser parses a list and not a file. I am new
in all that so maybe I am really naive on that one....
Should I wait for the lib to be done or should I carry on? In that case, any
hint would be welcome.

A wish: could FlashKard accept a filename as a parameter so it could open
directly with a file loaded?

Wishes for the edulib:
- a class for the user to enter kvtml data (if it's only vocabulary data,
understand and to hack manually)
- the flashKard quizz would be nice as well (where you enter the word in a
lineEdit)

So in KLatin I would have 2 test modes: the actual one (1 word, 3 different
meanings, choose the correct one) and the FlashKard-like quizz.
Maybe a Memory game as well for fun (words pair: latin+your language)

Thanks for any help/hint/flame/encouragement on that matter. Please tell me
if KLatin as I see it is better in GUI than the actual one. Ask me for the
code if you want it, I'll commit only when xml works and if people are happy
with the new interface. If not, it still improves my coding skills so there's
no bother ;)

annma

["klatin2.png" (image/png)]
["klatin1.png" (image/png)]