List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] KLatin future
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-05-10 8:16:26

Hi George!

Yes, I'll help with the data, of course.

What I was thinking: KLatin is just a revision tool at the moment. It maybe
needs a learning section.
This learning section would have 2 aspects:
- call FlashKard and use it to learn the words
- implement a graphical learning tool as my kids have in one software.  In a
window you have a menu on the left and some (4x4 or 5x5) pictures. These
pictures are by theme for example "at home" or "numbers" or whatever. The
user clicks on a picture, the name appears (like a flash kard but visual).
Sound can be associated.
Then the user can play games to learn with more fun. The word is displayed,
click on the right pic. A memory game as well: associate word+pic.

For this we need a lot of pictures.

That means that your data should be in files by themes.
We'll use the flashkard xml, I'll transform the data.

In the revision section, we would keep your quizz but asking first the user
how many words he wants to be tested on and what theme. Then provide a score
and a correction (list of words that need to be learnt again).
In the quizz, avoid to have the same question several times.

I post that at the edu-devel list to see what people think about that and if
someone will be able to help.

Cheers,

annma