List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] KMathCenter compile
From:       dominique devriese <fritmebufstek () pandora ! be>
Date:       2002-04-30 16:22:14

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 05:04:36PM +0100, Anne-Marie MAHFOUF wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Did anyone compile KMathCenter? I cannot get it working.
>
> I did make - f Makefile.cvs
> then
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/kde3
> and I got
> fast creating kmathcenter/libmath++/Makefile
> can't create kmathcenter/libmath++/Makefile: Permission denied at
> admin/config.pl line 218.
> config.status: creating config.h
> ./config.status: kmathcenter/src/Makefile: No such file or directory
> ./config.status: kmathcenter/src/ui/Makefile: No such file or directory
>
> Any hint?

hi, you've got wrong permissions on kmathcenter/libmath++/, i think...
try
# chmod 755 kmathcenter/libmath++
and then configure again

> -----------------------
>
> As I said, I am trying to make KLatin a bit better. George will commit
> saturday so I won't change the code now. But I am in the data stuff (yes,
> data again....)
>
> 1) when you have index.docbook, it installs in $(kde_htmldir)/appname/HTML/en
> I cannot figure out where KHelpCenter takes the HTML files from to display
> the doc. Where is this html file that results from "meinproc index.docbook"
> installed?

no idea, sorry (i just let KDE work its magic :)

> 2) the current KDE language variable the user has: is that LANG or LANGUAGE
> or another one?
>
> 3) George has 4 text files with 1 word per line, even lines are English
> words, odd lines are the latin translation of the line above.
> To get that i18n'ed, should I go the dummy cpp script way?

yes, but i'd include the latin word in the string to be translated, so
you won't have retranslations from english...

> 4) Where should I put the translated names for an app? Like KTuberling = Mr
> Patate in French? where are these names stored?

in a desktop file somewhere, let me check:
kde-i18n/fr/messages/desktop.po
this will translate your .desktop file so that it includes
Name=KLatin
Name[fr]="your translation"

> 5) I want to put the std KDE help icon in a toolbar and have it show
> the User
> Handbook. How do I do that?

no idea, sorry

> Maybe that will be all for now.........