List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       Sebastian Stein <s5228 () informatik ! htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       2002-04-30 12:32:48

Am Dienstag, 30. April 2002 14:06 schrieb Birgit Schulz \(bald Lachner\):
> Hmm ... I thing there are diffences between the programms. KMathTool and
> KMathCenter together ... no problem. Okay KMC is on a higher level than
> KMT, but they have got both the same aim. To give solutions to very special
> problems ... no training, no teaching.
> As I understand Bruch, its a training-programm for fractions. And Kig or

Yes, but it would be no problem to use the code base to solve tasks given by
the user!

So maybe let there be an easy to use training program and also use the
classes to solve fractions as a small part of a bigger mathematical app.

> Hmm ... KmPlot a really nice app to plot functions. It can be used by
> pupils how are not yet confrontated with calculus (for germans: Analysis).
> The plotter at KMC seems to be more powerful because of its ability to show
> derivatives.

So maybe combine KMC and KMT, but not remove KmPlot for easy tasks? But then
I would say not to go on with the development of KmPlot, because not to
double the developing.

> seperatly. Thus, each of us (both or more) can develop on his own. Only an
> entry at the main widget and the new classes need to be added to the
> project.

Yes, I know this part was not for me...
If all the apps should be combined, there should be more than just call
different apps from the main widget. But I think this must be discussed
extensively ;-)

Steinchen
--
http://www.hpfsc.de/ - die Seite rund um:
Assembler, Bundeswehr, TFT LCDs, Halle/Saale, Fahrradtouren,