List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] First Announcement Of KMathCenter
From:       Christian Parpart <cparpart () surakware ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 9:12:29

Hi Dominique,

dominique devriese inspired the electrons to say:
> Op dinsdag 30 april 2002 10:18, schreef Christian Parpart:
[...snip....]
> Hi,
> this looks really cool (i've only checked out the screenshots yet, but i'm
> going to check out your code soon..)
> It seems to me like a very valuable addition to KDE-Edu, which would make
> it more useful to older children (i mean children at the end of high
> school) as well.
> In my school, we use two programs in math class:
> Cabri, which is a mathematic figure drawing program ("interactive
> geometry") which my prog Kig (currently in kdenonbeta) aims to be a
> replacement for, and Derive, which does what your prog does (+ some more
> things (integrating funcs etc.)).

And exactly that's what I want. Tell me what derive is doing and what you're
missing here. So I'm going to implement it as soon as the time is much :)
I unfortunately can't image what you mean with "interactive". Tell it me.
BTW: KMathCenter supports functions like IF() and self recursions wich make it
even possible to calculate or plot the signum function, abs etc.

> If both programs continue to improve, KDE could provide free and better
> alternatives for both: hoorah !
> have fun
> domi

Thanks