List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    Re: [kde-edu-devel] update
From:       Anne-Marie MAHFOUF <a-m.mahfouf () lineone ! net>
Date:       2002-04-26 10:53:58

On Thursday 25 Apr 2002 4:27 pm, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> Just to give you guys and update:
yes, that's nice to do that!

> I've started working on a KControl module.  I have it showing up in the
> control center, but it currently displays an error when I try to use it.
> I'll work out the details soon, but this certainly is something that can
> get done, but I don't have something to show as early as I hoped to.
> Right now I'm busy getting ready for an international move in 5 days, so I
> really *need* to ignore this stuff for a few days (though I'm bad a that).
> ;-)
I know what you mean, I will soon move from England to Canada with my family
and will be away from internet connection for one month <sob>

> Starting May 6 I have a Praktikum (internship) just doing KDE (and some
> related Open Source) work, so I should have a lot of time for this quite
> soon, but between now and then I don't think much will get done.
I hope you will settle in well in your new country.

> So thinks that are on my kde-edu to-do list:
>
> *) Get a control center module functioning in a basic way
> *) Start work on a library that will provide some useful things related to
> that control module and other things
> *) Start working with Ewald on some library classes for handling kvtml or
> something similar
> *) Add a couple of features to FlashKard and review the 1 outstanding patch
> *) Update the FlashKard web page (still don't have CVS access to
> edu.kde.org)
yes, strange.
I added that TODO list in the relevant features pages on the website.

> Also after some emails with Eva, there has been some talk of organizing
> things for kde-edu at LinuxTag, but I don't know where that stands.
that would be nice if you could have a machine with kdeedu and show people
what we are doing.

> I'll of course send updates as these things come along, but before I
> disappear for a week and a half I thought I would send something out.
:)
Good luck with your move!

annma